Africa Fund of Rehabilitation International Application
The Africa Fund (AF) of Rehabilitation International is intended to support projects and activities that bring direct or indirect benefit to persons with disabilities in Africa. These projects or activities, applied and implemented by RI members independently or in collaboration with their partners, should focus on areas such as rehabilitation, rights protection, education and employment, assistive devices, accessibility, data collection, and research. Projects to be supported by AF will normally be of one-year duration, and the grant for each project will not exceed USD 30,000.
1.After carefully reading the AF General Grant Guidelines, applicants shall submit completed application forms together with required attachments to the RI Secretariat c/o the Secretary General (SG) preferably by email by the dates stated in the RFP.
Address: 866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 422 New York, NY 10017
2. The RI SG will acknowledge receipt of the application, check the documents submitted to ensure that all required information are provided including project goals and objectives, problems to be addressed, activities to be carried out, identification of possible matching funds for sustainability, consultation with the donor on the appropriateness of the amount requested and a letter from the RI member confirming the relationship to the satisfaction of the Management Committee. Additional documentation may be requested.
3. After the compliance review, the SG will forward the applications to the Management Committee which will conduct a multi-stage review involving multiple stakeholders. The Management Committee’s decision is final.
4. Applicants will be informed by the SG of the Management Committee’s decision, including those whose applications were not considered for funding.
5. The grant allocation schedule will be determined by the Management Committee on a case-to-case basis.
Who can apply
- RI Members;
- Organizations in collaboration with RI members in Africa.
The maximum amount that can be granted under AF is U.S. $30,000.