RI Global’s Commission on Education advises on the creation and promotion of educational opportunities for children and youth with disabilities.
I have worked and been a leader and Director in different companies in the Welfare Sector for more than 35 years, both in Norway and in the Nordic countries. I am educated and have a Master degree from Copenhagen Business School. I also have a degree in psychology from the University in Oslo, Norway.
For the moment I am a Freelancer as Specialist consultant in the field of welfare, working as a manager for international projects and as a Board member in different institutions. These institutions work for and with persons with a disability.
During my period as a Chair of Education Commission some of the following topics has been on the agenda:
- Responsible for a Side event during COSP – 2018 with the theme “Inclusive education for people with a disability – From special schools to inclusive education”
- Presentation about inclusive education on II Congress on Mental Health in Moscow in 2018
- Responsible for a parallel event at the 62 nd Session of Commission on the Status of Women in New York in 2018. The theme was “Rural girls with disability – their access to education.
- Presentation about Inclusive Education on a Regional Conference in Africa in 2017
- Responsible for a side event during COSP 2019 meeting in New York. The topic for the side event was “Technology as a tool for inclusive education – Digital empowerment through inclusive education”
- Producing the paper: “Challenges to achieving equality between disabled persons and persons without a disability” 2019
Prof. Asha Hans is Executive Vice President of SMRC an OPD in India and Associate member RI. Academic Council Member Indian Association of Women’s Studies. Former Prof of Political Science and Founder Director School of Women’s Studies Utkal University. Member Board Women’s, Peace Humanitarian Fund, Editorial Board Member Journal of Peace Education and member Editorial Board Member Bloomsbury . Academic Publishers book series on Peace & Human Rights Education. Vice President Red Cross (Odisha) Founder Women with Disabilities India Network. An academic activist, she promotes girl child with disability education, security of girls in the education sector of climate change and school drop-out. The forthcoming book is disability inclusive climate change.
Projects and Documents
News & Events
In 2019, RI aiming to draw more attention to disability affairs and inspire greater contributions to a more equal, inclusive, and accessible society worldwide, initiated the Rehabilitation International Award for Outstanding Achievements, recognizing individuals...
https://youtu.be/Mdb3xaUpfyM Press Release - Organizing Committee The Global IT Challenge for youth with disabilities (GITC), which seeks to strengthen the IT capabilities of youth with disabilities and bridge the digital divide, is recruiting countries to participate...
The project Universal Design in Kindergarten and School, Guidelines and Universal Tools, is a project in cooperation between Rehabilitation International (RI) Norway and the Education Commission in RI International. The project is funded by grants from Global...
RI Submission to the Committee on the rights of persons with disabilities – Draft General Comment on article 27 on the right of persons with disabilities to work and employment
Rehabilitation International – Commission on Work and Employment submitted comments to the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (the Committee) for the Draft General Comment on art. 27 of the CRPD, as follows: Page 6 (18): Within the first sentence...
Support our work.
Make a difference in the lives of disabled people around the world. RI welcomes new opportunities to expand its own capacities through collaboration with other organizations.